Start Your Career in Supporting People with Developmental Disabilities
The DDC Program is a joint Reena and George Brown College Certificate Program, in partnership with Kerry’s Place Autism Services and Montage Support Services. This training program is a great opportunity for people wishing to pursue a career supporting people with developmental disabilities. It is a four-month intensive program that offers students a full academic portfolio, over 30 courses, and 269 hours of hands-on experience in the sector that is closely monitored and evaluated to ensure each student’s success in the program.
Start Date: September 5th, 2017
The info sessions and full-time study takes place at Reena’s Toby and Henry Battle Developmental Centre (927 Clark Avenue West, Thornhill). The placement takes place at one of the partnering agencies’ locations (most are located within Toronto and Thornhill).
- 18 years or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
How To Apply
Submit a DDC Program Application Form, Cover letter and Resume to Reena’s Learning & Development Department.
927 Clark Avenue West
Thornhill, ON L4J 8G6
Fax: (905) 889.4039
Note: All documents must be submitted together before screening process can begin
Includes certifications, workbooks and materials
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due upon receipt of acceptance letter to reserve space
- Balance of program cost is due on the first day of training
- The cost of the Vulnerable Sector Screening, medical forms and transportation are not included
Course Credit Transfers
Graduates can apply credits toward the following Humber College’s Developmental Service Worker (DSW) courses:
- Field Practice/DSW 107
- Intervention Strategies/DSW
- Pharmacology/DSW 207
- Introduction to Developmental Disabilities/DSW 102
For more details please contact us by clicking here
Want to stay informed about program news?GET UPDATES!