Reena supported employment service (RSES)
RSES – the Reena Supported Employment Services for youth with developmental disabilities including Autism is currently on hold until further notice. Any questions, please contact Joanna Samuels, Employment Resource Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Reena Supported Employment Service, in partnership with the Ontario Trillium Foundation, helps youth with developmental disabilities find full-time and part-time employment.
If you are (program eligibility criteria):
- Between the ages of 15 and 29 and looking for work
- A person with a self-disclosed developmental/intellectual disability
- Unemployed or working under 20 hours per week
- Looking for ongoing employment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- A resident of the York region
We can help you (program includes):
- Access job search assistance, life skills and pre-employment workshops
- Connection with employers
- Connection job developers
- Access to job coaching and training
- Build confidence and work experience
- Invitations to employer events and job fairs
Service Providers – Looking to set up a similar program? We can help!
We have information and resources to help you get started. For more information contact Joanna Samuels (905) 889-6484 x 2112
Channels Day Program
The Channels Day Program is a tailored towards independent adults, 18 years and older, with a developmental disability and/or dual diagnosis. This day program focuses on setting and attaining employment, career and life goals. Job Coach assistance is available as well.
The program offers participants various supported employment services including job readiness skills training workshops, job placement and job coaching. In addition, Channels’ participants volunteer in the community. Other recreational and social activities are offered as well.
The program is held Monday to Friday (except on statutory and Jewish holidays). A full-day program is available from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, and a half-day program is available from either 9:30 am to 12:00 pm OR 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
There are two locations:
Summer Employment Transition (SET) Program
Reena’s Summer Employment Transition program (SET) is a partnership with the York District School Board, and York Catholic District School Board. SET is a 10-week supported employment program for high school students identified with a developmental/intellectual disability including Autism. It is designed for students who wish to build their job search/workplace skills and gain paid summer work experiences. Participants are supported by the SET job coaches to secure the job as well as keep it through on-site coaching at the workplace to navigate the challenges of being employed.
SET operates in the York region including Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Markham and Maple
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY / REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Between the ages of 16 to 21 years old
- Participants must have reached the legal working age of 16 years prior to JUNE 2021
- Must be currently enrolled in a York Region Secondary School or York Catholic Secondary School
- Must be able to arrange OWN transportation to and from the job site
- Students must be available to work for the complete duration of the program
- Independently self-administer medication if required
- Independently follow the Public Health guidelines for Protection and Prevention of the spread of Covid19.
Important – new COVID-19 notice for SET 2021
In-person and on-site job coaching supports will be offered during SET only if and when Reena is permitted by Public Health to do so. Until then, SET 2021 will be offering a virtual pre-employment program on Zoom including 1-on-1 coaching sessions and job search skills/workforce/career skills workshops and employer events.
For more information contact: Joanna Samuels, SET & employment resource supervisor, Reena, email@example.com // 905 889 6484 ex 2112
Pathways Day Program
Pathways is an ongoing community-based program that helps with the transition of adults with developmental disabilities from schools, home and other services into the community.
Pathways provide participants with a variety of integrative activities including training in job readiness, life skills, social skills, recreational events and much more. Volunteering at the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre and The Scott Mission, as well as, partnering with Hillel Jewish Campuses of Toronto, are some of the examples of the participants enjoy giving back to their community.
The program also includes creative arts, music appreciation, recreational outings, special guests, physical activity and cooking programs.
Participants of Pathways must be 18 years and older and should be able to contribute to the programming. The cost varies according to the ratio of support needed.
The program is held Monday to Friday (except on statutory and Jewish holidays) from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
There are two locations:
For more information about our programs contact:
Intake Social Worker
(905) 889.2690 x2201