October 25, 2023
Thornhill, ON – Reena is delighted to announce the receipt of a $132,700 grant from the Resilient Communities Fund, designed to support community-based organizations. This grant marks a significant step forward in Reena’s efforts to strengthen its capacity, resilience, and sustainability.
Reena has been dedicated to achieving key objectives enabled by the Resilient Communities Fund:
- Empowering employees and volunteers with resources to implement new approaches, prepare for change, and build resiliency. This includes organizational training and coaching, strategic planning, research and development, and mental and physical health support.
- Adapting programs and services to meet evolving community, employee, and volunteer needs. This involves enhancing health and safety processes, acquiring necessary personal protective equipment, and providing technology support, staffing, and volunteer training.
- Procuring equipment and renovating spaces to safely deliver programs and adapt to new ways of working. This includes investments in technology, health and safety, and service delivery.
During the grant period, Reena achieved several significant milestones:
- Hiring a full-time Social Worker and implementing a social media campaign to increase awareness for Reena’s mental health services (Chai-Tikvah).
- Developing videos addressing mental health and psychiatric challenges through a Jewish cultural lens and promoting Reena’s mental health programs.
- Conducting IT training, needs analysis, and computer security training for staff and supported individuals.
- Procuring new equipment, including computers, laptops, and all-in-one colour multifunction printers.
This grant has increased Reena’s ability to serve the community effectively, operating at a higher capacity to meet community needs.
Reena extends its deepest gratitude to the Ontario Trillium Foundation for its continued support in challenging times.
For more information about Reena and its services, please visit Reena.org.
About Reena: Reena promotes dignity, individuality, independence, personal growth and community inclusion for people with diverse abilities within a framework of Jewish culture and values. Reena was established in 1973 by parents of children with developmental disabilities as a practical alternative to institutions. Since that time Reena has grown to provide support for 1,000 individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
About the Ontario Trillium Foundation: The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) mission is to build healthy and vibrant communities across Ontario. As an agency of the Government of Ontario, and one of Canada’s leading granting foundations, last year, OTF invested nearly $209M into 2,042 community projects and partnerships, which included funding for the Government of Ontario’s Community Building Fund. Since 2020, OTF has supported Ontario’s economic recovery by helping non-profit organizations rebuild and recover from the impacts of COVID-19. Visit otf.ca to learn more.
Sharon Magor l Marketing & Communications Manager l Reena