Transitioning Together is an eight-week online program help teenagers with ASD, and their parent(s), plan their futures after secondary school.
For the first time in Canada, Transitioning Together will be delivered by local trained professionals in March-April and May-June 2021.
What’s In It For Me?
- If you are someone between the ages of 14-17 with ASD who communicates verbally, attends secondary school and wants help developing your own plan as you transition into adulthood, this is for you.
- The small on-line groups of 5 people like yourself are a great way to connect with others in a comfortable format. Transitioning Together has resulted in many lasting group member friendships.
- You will develop a personalized plan with help from your peers, group facilitators and your parent(s)/family.
- Your Mom, Dad or other adults in your life will attend separate on-line sessions of their own to learn how they can support your plan.
- You will need access to a device with a working camera and internet access.
Brock University is evaluating the outcomes of the program. You and your parent(s) must participate in the evaluation research. For research purposes, participants will be randomly assigned to groups so you should be available for either Session One (March/April) or Session Two (May, June).